February 23, 2018

There’ll Be a New Trustee in Town

Longtime Chapter 13 Trustee Fred Long (who covers the Eugene Region of the District of Oregon) will be retiring in several months.  There is now a search committee at the United States Trustee, a division of the Department of Justice, looking for qualified applicants to fill this position.

The Chapter 13 Trustee’s job, along with his staff, is to administer Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Plans.  Chapter 13 bankruptcy, as discussed in previous posts, is a reorganization bankruptcy, where a consumer makes payments for 3-5 years into a bankruptcy plan; the Trustee’s role is to make certain the plan is feasible (enough money is going into the plan to fund it) and to disburse those funds to creditors.

We’ll keep a close eye out to see who the new Chapter 13 Trustee, for the Eugene Region of the District of Oregon, will be.  Stay tuned…



Pursuant to 11 U.S. Code § 528: "I am a debt relief agency. I help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."

CAUTION: This website is to provide visitors with basic information about my law office, and information about how to contact me. Every situation is different, and no information on this website is legal advice on any specific question. You should not act on any of the information without first conferring with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by visiting this site or by unsolicited email. Therefore, initial emails should not contain any confidential information. I may already represent parties adverse to you and cannot advise or represent you until we check for conflicts. I am licensed only in Oregon and offer my services only to those doing business in Oregon, unless I am associated with local counsel in accordance with other states' laws. The applicable laws may have changed after the information on this website was published. While effort is made to keep the information current, you should not presume that all information is up to date. You must confer with an attorney to be sure you have current information.